FIS Named as a Leader in IDC MarketScapes for North American Omnichannel and Digital Banking Solutions
- IDC MarketScape recognizes next-generation FIS Digital One as being “truly omni-channel,” delivering self-service and enterprise-facing functions on a single platform.
- Recognition comes as FIS sees growing marketplace success for its next-generation omnichannel solution and platform.
- Built on a modular architecture, FIS Digital One is core-agnostic and can be used on both FIS and non-FIS core banking platforms.
The recognition comes as FIS sees growing marketplace success for
Digital One and the
FIS is named as a leader in two IDC MarketScape reports:
- “IDC MarketScape: North America Omni-Engagement Retail Banking Solutions 2019 Vendor Assessment,” which evaluates companies that provide both a self-service and enterprise-facing sales and support solution to the North American retail banking market;
“IDC MarketScape: North America Digital Banking Customer Experience
Platforms 2019 Vendor Assessment,” which evaluates providers of
self-service digital banking solutions to institutions in
“Today’s consumers expect their banks to provide the same convenient,
intuitive experience that they receive when shopping online, hailing a
car, or buying pizza,” said
Built on a modular, component-based architecture, FIS Digital One
solution including its
* IDC MarketScape: North America Omni-Engagement Retail Banking
Solutions 2019 Vendor Assessment, doc # Doc # US43788619,
*IDC MarketScape: North America Digital Banking Customer Experience
Platforms 2019 Vendor Assessment, doc # US43788519,
About IDC MarketScape:
IDC MarketScape vendor assessment model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
FIS is a global leader in financial services technology, with a focus on
retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management,
risk and compliance, and outsourcing solutions. Through the depth and
breadth of our solutions portfolio, global capabilities and domain
expertise, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries.
For More Information
Kim Snider, 904.438.6278
Senior Vice President
FIS Global Marketing and Communications